Today is the last day of Restaurant Week! Have you tried any great local food yet? If not, what are you waiting for? The great deals end tonight.
In this post I wanted to talk about the great farm-to-table options at local Grand Rapids restaurants. This is one of my favorite categories because I absolutely love the farm to table movement. It kind of spoils your taste buds because local and fresh just tastes better. So these are my picks for the best farm to table menu offerings for Restaurant Week. If you don’t make it to one of these restaurants today, make sure to plan a visit soon!
- Amore Trattoria: This amazing Italian restaurant has the distinction of being the only one that offers you 5 courses for only $25. And the quality and taste of the food make this a deal you simply can’t pass up. Each course offers you two choices and I hesitate to bias you with my choices, but some of my absolute favorite menu items are included. I am heading there this week and plan on bringing my stretchy pants.
- Bistro Bella Vita: Their menu has been fresh and local long before farm to table was a trendy thing. And with four choices for each course, they are not making the decision making process easy. In addition to their 3 course menu, they are also offering a local cheese plate and wine pairings for an additional cost. You can’t go wrong.
- The Green Well: I have been a long time fan of The Green Well and have never once been disappointed by my experiences there. I am drooling over their Restaurant Week menu and the impossible choices they are making me choose between for each course. They have also suggested beverage pairings for each menu item all sourced from Michigan wineries and breweries as well. Brilliant!
- Grove: Grove offers some of the best farm to table food around. And they are coming out guns blazing for Restaurant Week. With eight choices for your appetizer course and eight choices for your main entrée, you can’t possibly go wrong. You can chose any of their handmade desserts for your third course. They are also offering deals on cheese plates, wine pairings, charcuterie and ceviche. You could probably go back every night of Restaurant Week and never have the same combination!
- Trillium Haven: Probably Grand Rapids newest entry in farm to table restaurants, Trillium Haven already has a large fan base due to their highly successful CSA. Last year they abandoned that route and opened a restaurant instead. But you will definitely see signs of their CSA past in their menu offerings. Everything on their Restaurant Week menu looks like it is straight out of a garden. I am hitting them up next week and can’t wait!
What are your favorite picks for farm to table restaurants in Grand Rapids?