What's the best way to celebrate Craft Beer Month in Michigan? With a crisp, cold Beer City Pale Ale, of course.
You haven't heard of Beer City Pale Ale?
When Grand Rapids recently won the moniker Beer City USA 2012, (tied for first place with Asheville, NC), the Michigan State Legislature quickly pronounced July Craft Beer Month in Michigan.
As a result, ten Grand Rapids brewers decided to collaborate on a celebratory brew and the Beer City Pale Ale was born.
Although it sounds like a single brew, and most breweries began with the same recipe, they each brought their own touch to the process, which means you'll find something slightly different in the Beer City Pale Ale at each location. Founders, Brewery Vivant, and Schmohz simply renamed the pale ale they already had on tap in recognition of the city's award.
Ready to try a glass? Head to any of the participating breweries during the month of July:
- The B.O.B. Brewery (20 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids)
- Founders Brewing Co. (235 Grandville Ave SW, Grand Rapids)
- Harmony Brewing Company (3113 Plaza Drive NE, Grand Rapids)
- The Hideout Brewing Company (1551 Lake Drive SE, Grand Rapids)
- HopCat (25 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids)
- Jaden James Brewing Company (at Cascade Winery, 4665 Broadmoor SE, Kentwood)
- Michigan Beer Cellar (500 East Division Street, Sparta)
- Pike 51 Brewery (3768 Chicago Drive, Hudsonville)
- Schmohz Brewery (2600 Patterson Ave SE, Grand Rapids)
- White Flame Brewing Company (5234 36th Ave, Hudsonville)
Enjoy your Beer City Pale Ale, courtesy of Grand Rapids, Beer City USA, 2012!