Looks like we're heading into a warm and sunny weekend! Here are some events coming up in Grand Rapids this weekend, including several that will keep you out in the sun - and a few indoors options in case we get some rain:
- 83rd Annual Tulip Time Festival Head to Holland (just 30 minutes west of Grand Rapids) to celebrate the region's Dutch heritage and the blooming of millions of tulips. Take in a parade, live music and costumed dancers, and eight miles of tulips. Saturday, May 12 is the last day, so head over soon! Check out the Tulip Time website or call 800-822-2770 for more information and a schedule of events.
- The Importance of Being Earnest Oscar Wilde's classic comedy will be brought to life by the Master Arts Theatre this weekend. Showtimes: Friday 7:30 PM, Saturday 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM. Tickets $15.
- 35th Annual Fifth Third River Bank Run Head downtown Grand Rapids this weekend to get caught up in the excitement of the largest 25K road race in the country. The race weekend will open today (Friday, May 11) with the Sports & Fitness Expo at DeVos Place (it's not too late to register for races!). Races kick off at 7 AM Saturday morning. Celebrate your finish with the Michelob Ultra Post-Race Party Village on Calder Plaza.
- Mother's Day at GRAM Give an important mom in your life a day of art, music and relaxation at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. Listen to a classical concert; enjoy local desserts and beverages, create a keepsake event and of course, take in the art. Sunday, May 13 from 12 noon - 5 PM (Concert from 2PM - 3PM) Admission: Adults - $8.00 Senior Adults & College Students(W ID) - $7.00 Youth (ages 6-17) - $5.00 Children under 6 Free
- Mother's Day Brunches Many Grand Rapids-area restaurants are offering special Mother's Day brunches this Sunday, including the Amway Grand Plaza, The Landing Restaurant, and Glendevon. Contact the venue directly for pricing information and to make reservations.