There’s a ton of exciting events happening in Grand Rapids this weekend, and we’re in for some grand weather to enjoy it with. Here are some of this weekend’s top picks:
Grandwich Judging at Gram on the Green: Congrats to the Grand Rapids restaurants who placed in the Grandwich top 10! The final judging will go down tonight, Friday August 17, at 5 PM (decisions announced at 7 PM) during GRAM on the Green. Enjoy live music while you sample each of the entries and wait to find out Grand Rapids’ favorite sandwich!
- Admission: A donation to Kids’ Food Basket. You can either donate money or one of the items on Kids’ Food Basket’s wish list.
- Location: Grand Rapids Art Museum, 101 Monroe Center NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Admission: Tickets to special events $15 – $40, many free activities. Order tickets here.
- Location: Calder Plaza, 351 Ottawa Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Grand Jazz Fest
Join Michigan’s favorite jazz musicians and fans for this free, family-friendly one-day event at Rosa Parks Circle! Bring a lawn chair or blanket, some snacks (no alcohol, please) and get cozy while listening to both up-and-coming performers and well-known musicians. Grand Jazz Fest will be hopping from noon until 10 PM, so plan to make a day of it. Check the schedule on the Grand Jazz Fest website. Brought to you by the West Michigan Jazz Society.
- Admission: FREE
- Location: Rosa Parks Circle, Monroe Center and Monroe Ave., Grand Rapids, MI 49503
GR’s Got Talent
Introducing GR’s Got Talent, the competition that gives YOU a vote. The competition has been whittled down to a handful of finalists, and tomorrow, August 18, you’ll have a chance to weigh in on your favorite singers. The Youth Division featuring kids 10 -17 is from 2 PM – 4:30 PM on Saturday, while the adults compete from 7 PM – 9:30 PM. A great way to come out and support Grand Rapids’ vocal talent!
- Admission: $8 – $15; check website for details.
- Location: Grand Rapids Civic Theatre, 30 North Division, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Restaurant Week is in full swing here in Grand Rapids! Visit our Restaurant Week page for more details about the event including maps, participating restaurants and how to join in the cocktail contest, and read our blog post about 2 for $25 offerings.
- Have a great – and tasty! – weekend!