Another great weekend in Grand Rapids, and there’s plenty to do in and around the city over the next few days! Here’s a sampling of activities and events to keep you entertained:
- Pinkalicious at the GR Civic Theatre. Enjoy a night of family fun at this children’s musical based on the book by Elizabath and Victoria Kann, about a little girl who runs into trouble when she wishes everything in her life could be pink.
Friday and Saturday, 7:30 PM; Sunday, 2:00 PM Matinee
Cost: $8-$12 (student); $10-$14 (adult)
- Hansel and Gretel at the GR Junior Ballet. Another option for family fun is the Grand Rapids Ballet’s Junior Company’s presentation of this German fairy tale about a brother, a sister, and that mean ol’ witch.
Friday, 7:30PM. Saturday, 2:00 PM Matinee.
Cost: $8 – $12
- Culinary Night Out-Spring Steakhouse at Uptown Kitchen, via the GR Cooking School. Learn new recipes and enjoy a delicious evening with a menu that includes spring pea risotto and grass-fed hanger steak.
6:00PM – 9:00PM Friday, April 20
- Open Mic Night at Quinn and Tuite’s Ready to let loose for the weekend? Bring your best vocals for a night of singing and fun at this Irish Pub.
Friday, April 20: 9:00PM opening performers and sign-up; 10:00PM – 12:00PM open mic
- Founder’s 11th Annual Black Party Celebrate dark beers at this all-day festival including live music, food, and plenty of stout, porter, and other black brews.
Saturday, April 21, 11 AM – 2 AM. 21 and older event.
Cost: $10 admission, $8 for Mug Club 2012 members. You’ll get a commemorative mug and your first fill free with entry.