About Experience Pink
Experience Pink is your chance to embrace fun in Grand Rapids while you support a worthy cause. For the entire month of February, you'll find packages at select Grand Rapids' hotels (below), as well as specials at local retailers and restaurants, in an effort to raise funds to support the Susan G. Komen West Michigan.
Imagine Life Without Breast Cancer
That's the focus of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. It's the world's largest grassroots network of cancer survivors and activists. And it's played a critical role in almost every major advance in breast cancer over the past 28 years.
75% of the funds raised by our local Komen affiliate stay right here in West Michigan, helping women who need it the most. It's a vital service for the 1 in 8 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer during her lifetime.
Every 74 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer. You can use your next 74 seconds to help change that. Learn more at komenwestmichigan.org.
#IGoPinkFor Social Media Campaign
- This February, Susan G. Komen of West Michigan will encourage people to share their stories, photos, or videos of how breast cancer has personally impacted their lives on their Facebook and Instagram pages. Winners of the contest will receive a 2 month starter package to Crossfit Luminary. The campaign will use the hashtag #IGoPinkFor to collect stories. Full details for the campaign and instructions can be found here . You can print out your own #IGoPinkFor sign to participate here.
Throughout the month of February:
- Select Uccello's locations will be offering a pink drink and menu item. A portion of the proceeds will go toward the cause.
- Mixology inside the JW Marriott in downtown Grand Rapids will offer a special Pink Drink with a portion of sales donated to Komen.
- The JW Marriott Spa will offer a rose hydration body treatment, pink express manicure and pedicure, breast cancer awareness nail art, and more. A portion of the revenue will be donated.
- The Spa and Salon at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel will offer champagne and a rose body treatment, pink manicure and pedicure, breast cancer awareness nail art, pink hair chalk, and free haircuts when hair is donated (restrictions apply). A portion of the revenue will be donated to the cause.
- At the Grand Rapids Public Museum, help to create a pink chain in the Galleria. Every visitor who comes to the museum wearing pink during the month of February will be able to add to the pink chain.
- Florentine of Grandville (3245 28th Street SW Grandville, MI) will offer a drink called "The Pink Flo" throughout the month of February. $2.00 from each drink will be donated. The staff will also wear Experience Pink tee shirts throughout the month of February, along with Susan G. Komen wristbands to raise awareness for the cause. Donations will also be collected from patrons throughout the month.
- #IGoPinkFor scavenger hunt at the Grand Rapids Public Museum: Join Experience Pink in collaboration with Susan G. Komen® West Michigan during the month of February for the #IGoPinkFor campaign. This month, the museum will pink-out Grand Rapids and raise awareness of their mission to eradicate breast cancer forever! Participation is easy! Step 1: Locate the "Pink Shawl Project" in one of the museum exhibits and take a photo with a pink shawl. Step 2: Post your photo on the Experience Pink Facebook page and the hashtag #IGoPinkFor (Disclaimer: By posting your photo you provide Susan G. Komen® Michigan and Experience Pink the rights to use and/or repost your photo in future material and on other social media outlets.)
Official Experience Pink Events:
- February 9th, 2015 7:00 PM NBA affiliate, Grand Rapids Drive and Susan G. Komen partner up for a Pink night at the DeltaPlex Arena. $10 Ticket Package includes: Reserved ticket to the Grand Rapids DRIVE game, pre-game high five tunnel (arrive at 6:20 PM), post game photo and shot on the court. Reserve your spot today by calling Trey Conner at 616-350-4881 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention the Pink Ticket Package and Susan G. Komen when ordering tickets!
- February 11, 2015 6:00 PM- 9:00 PM at the Delta Plex Arena, area hotels will compete in a dodge-ball tournament to raise awareness and funds for the Susan G. Komen of West Michigan foundation. Public are welcome for $3.00 per person at the door.
- February 13-14, 2015: Check out the Experience Pink ice sculpture outside the JW Marriott. The sculpture is part of the second annual Valent-ICE- a two day ice carving event. Learn more about the community event here!
- February 14, 2015 10:00 AM: Grand Rapids Running Tour LADY LEGENDS 5K Running Tour. Meet in the lobby of the JW Marriott hotel. Donation run ($10 donation suggested, 50% of proceeds go to Susan G. Komen) Email email@example.com to sign up. Women AND men welcome!
- February 15, 2015 2:00 PM- 5:00 PM "Pretty in Pink" 80's Roller Skating party will take place at the Kentwood Fun Spot. Admission is $6 per person and the event will include photo booth, games, prizes, and plenty of 80's music!
- February 21, 2015 6:00 PM- 8:00 PM at Rivertown Sports Complex the Grand Raggidy Roller Girls will take on the Border City Brawlers (Windsor, Ontario), All Stars vs Traverse City at a "Think Pink" themed game. You can get your tickets here for $12 in advance or $15 at the door. Discounts offered for kids, students, and seniors! Doors open at 5:00 PM and the action starts at 6:00 PM. A portion of proceeds will go toward the cause.
- February 21, 2015 7:00 PM at the Triangle Bar. Blues Jam Session for Experience Pink: Donations will be taken at the door for Susan G. Komen. There will be raffles and a variety of blues bands playing for the cause.
- February 19, 2015 11:45 AM- 1:00 PM Lunch and Learn featuring Dr. Dennis Hammond and Dr. Melissa Kath of Partners in Plastic Surgery to discuss the innovative techniques they are using in breast cancer surgery today. $15, located at six.one.six at the JW Marriott. RSVP to (616) 242-1448 and mention "Pink Lunch and Learn."
- February 25, 2015 11:45 AM-1:00 PM Lunch and Learn (speaker TBA.) Located at six.one.six at the JW Marriott. RSVP to (616) 242-1448 and mention "Pink Lunch and Learn."
- February 26, 2015 7:00 PM Holiday Inn Downtown Grand Rapids Wine Dinner. 60 seat wine dinner with proceeds going to Susan G. Komen. Email Heather to reserve your space today! firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 28, 2015 12:30 PM Survivor's Clinic at Crossfit Luminary. Learn about stretching, mobility, and get a light body weight workout in. Contact Michael for details and registration at email@example.com