John Ball Zoo
- 1300 W. Fulton St.
- Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- (616) 336-4301
Family is at the center of everything you do – and you’re looking for events, activities and experiences that appeal to all ages.
You want to experience travel destinations like a native – so you want to know where all the locals shop, dine and hang out.
You can’t resist the call of the wild – and you’re ready to run, bike, paddle, swim, fish and golf your way around West Michigan.
Just steps away from John Ball Zoo, John Ball Park includes picnic areas, playgrounds, biking, hiking/walking, access point for Kent Trails, and duck pond. Picnic area reservations can be done online www.jbzoo.org.
- Restaurant On Site:
- Free Parking:
- Minutes to Airport: 15
- Upon Request
- Option A: Twilight Tours – See the Zoo in a whole different light – TWILIGHT! Experience the zoo at dusk! You’ll learn about nocturnal animals and their amazing adaptations while touring the evening zoo with an education instructor. Minimum group size of 10, $8/person. Participants must be at least 5 years of age. Call Krys at 616)336-4374 to book.
- Option B: Wild Encounter – This engaging program gets you up-close and learning about four different species of animals! It’s a 30-45 minute classroom setting session. Topics can focus on a variety of subjects including Michigan wildlife, adaptations, conservation and more! On-site pricing for a group of up to 25 individuals is $30. Call Krys at 616)336-4374 to book.
- Option C: Travel Zoo – We’ll bring the Zoo to you! This demonstration brings 4 animals to your location for a fun presentation by a Zoo instructor. A variety of topics are offered including adaptations, conservation and more! $95 for the first session plus $1/mile travel fee, $55 for each consecutive session on the same day.
- Option D: Behind the Scenes tours – Enjoy a sneak peek at the zoo that most guests never see! Choose from Aquarium, African hoofstock, Bear, and Ambassador animal areas . Pricing and number of participants varies depending on tour area desired. Please contact the zoo office at 616-336- 4301 x 1001 for more information. Call Krys at 616)336-4374 to book.
- Option E: Team Building - John Ball Zoo provides team building for groups from 10-15 people, utilizing our ropes course and ground based activities to create an impactful, memorable experience. We insist upon open communication between our staff and the coordinating party, to tailor the team building program to work towards specific goals, such as, communication, leadership, decision making and problem solving. Ropes Course Team Building- $15 per person Ropes + Zip Fun Pass (no team building)- $25 per person Ropes + Zip Team Building- $35 per person Call Krys at 616)336-4374 to book.