Food in Grand Rapids
Long before "farm to fork" became a national catchphrase, Grand Rapids restaurants were sourcing fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy products from area farmers. The ready availability of quality food is one reason we've always had a much larger community of locally owned restaurants than other cities our size.
Our proximity to Lake Michigan provides ideal growing conditions for a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. (Michigan produces a broader variety of produce than any state except California.) Hundreds of family farmers work the land and provide restaurants (and residents) with an abundant supply of just-picked awesomeness.
Today, our local dining scene is more vibrant than ever, making Grand Rapids a true foodie destination.
Food Lovers Hotel Packages!
Location: JW Marriott Grand Rapids
Price: Starting at $349
Don't Miss Foodie Events
Grand Rapids hosts a number of delectable food festivals each year, including:
- Cool Brews. Hot Eats. (February), a two-week restaurant event pairing luscious foods with craft beers (and ciders)
- Festival of the Arts (June), a three-day street party that includes a heaping helping of edible masterpieces for every taste
- Taste of Grand Rapids (July), a celebration of fantastic food and live music
- Restaurant Week Grand Rapids (August), a 10-day showcase of local restaurants (and incredible dining deals)
- International Wine, Beer & Food Festival (November), Michigan's premier fine-food tasting and shopping event
- Cocktail Week Grand Rapids (November), celebrate the art of the craft cocktail paired with a shared plate through this new 12 day event
Location: Samaritas Senior Living
Location: Brush Studio - Downtown
More about Food in Grand Rapids
- Winter Activities & Holiday Events
- Beer City, USA
- Family Fun
- Art In Grand Rapids
- Food in Grand Rapids
- Drinks in Grand Rapids
- Music in Grand Rapids
- Tours & Experiences
- Historic Sites
- Grand Rapids Outdoor Recreation
Chef Angus Eats : Video Series
Follow Chef Angus Campbell, a professor at the Grand Rapids Community College Secchia Institute for Culinary Education as he eats his way through Grand Rapids. Stopping for breakfast, pub food, globally inspired dishes, upscale dining, and a day at the market, Chef Angus will show you just a few of the amazing eateries Grand Rapids has to offer.