Keith Urban's "Light the Fuse" Tour featuring Little Big Town and Dustin Lynch. Jan 9, 2014, Van Andel Arena ...more
Explore the exciting discovery of feathered dinosaurs and their connection to modern day birds. Oct 26-Apr 27. ...more
Grand Rapids is the perfect place to visit during the holiday season. Explore these holiday activities. ...more
Grab your friends, sisters, mother or daughter and escape for a girls-only weekend in Grand Rapids! ...more
Experience Grand Rapids where guys can be guys. Enjoy beer and the great outdoors! ...more
Sign-up for the Experience Grand Rapids newsletter, The Travel Link.
Chock-full of information to help you plan your trip... more
Grand Rapids is one of America's leading entrepreneurial cities - and it's evident in the quantity and quality of our shopping choices. Local storeowners presenting one-of-a-kind finds. Brand-name retailers offering mass-market goods. And everything in between. It's a great place to shop for art, antiques, furniture, clothing and more.
Tinsel, Treats and Trolley starts with a lighting ceremony at an historic covered bridge and offers trolley rides for shopping in downtown Ada. Friday, November 30. Ada's Christmas Parade is the next morning, December 1.
The Uptown Holiday Shop Hop features six shuttles running between the stores of four business districts just east of downtown Grand Rapids. Great food, music, entertainment and sales! December 5, 4-10 pm.
While shopping Downtown, make sure to look out for beautifully decorated windows. Students from Kendall College of Art and Design and Grand Valley State University have partnered with Downtown merchants to compete in Window Wonderland 2013- a competition to create the best holiday windows in Downtown Grand Rapids. Use this map to help guide you around.
The 25th Annual Holiday Artists' Market at Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts (UCIA) offers one-of-a-kind works by the region's most exciting artists. December 6-7.
Shop for handmade items at holiday craft shows:
• Grapevine Harvest Craft Show, November 2
• Jenison Christian School Fall Arts and Crafts Fair, November 2
• Coopersville Area Arts Council Crafts & Vendor Show, November 9
• Adams Christian School Craft Show, November 23
• Michigan NCO Club Auxiliary Craft Show, November 23
• Rogue River Artisans Fine Art & Craft Holiday Sale, December 7
• West Catholic Christmas Arts & Crafts Show, December 7
• Textile Arts Market, December 13-14
The Holiday Kerstmarkt in Holland is an open-air European-style Christmas market that offers unique handcrafted gifts and authentic Dutch holiday treats. Fridays & Saturdays, November 23 - December 14.
More great shopping ideas:
• Shop the 100s of brand-name stores at Woodland Mall and Rivertown Crossings Mall.
• Find one-of-a-kind treasures at homegrown Local First stores.
• Hunt for quality antiques and fine art in dozens of stores across the city.