FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DOWNTOWN MARKET HOSTING COMFORT FOOD FRIDAY ON NOVEMBER 10
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Nov. 1, 2017 – The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is hosting Comfort Food Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on November 10, celebrating the home-cooked, the hand-made and the hearty, as the weather in West Michigan turns cold and snowy.
Guests can stroll the Market Hall to find featured items and special deals from Market merchants, created just for this cold-weather theme. Whether it’s a nostalgic childhood meal or a new combination of comforting flavors, Comfort Food Friday has something cozy to suit everyone’s cravings.
Participating merchants and special menu items include:
- Carver’s: Chicken and Dumplings
- Fish Lads: Lobster Mac & Cheese: Maine lobster, artisanal cheese & pasta
- Blue Spoon: Baked Chicken or Egg Plant Parmesan with Herbed Pasta, choice of Spinach Alfredo or Harvest Marinara Sauce and fresh baked bread
- Slows Bar-B-Q: Smoked Meatloaf: Angus beef, grilled onion and smoked gouda, glazed with poblano bbq sauce
- Social Kitchen: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup: Whole grain toast, cheddar, gruyere, guacamole, tomato, and caramelized onion
- Field & Fire: Cheddar Beer Bread: A cheesy version of the standard levain, made with Brewery Vivant Big Red Coq and stuffed with tons of American cheddar.
- Pho 616: Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup): Chicken stock poured over rice pho noodles & shredded chicken breast topped with fresh cilantro, green & white onions, and quail eggs, with a side of fresh bean sprouts, Thai basil and slice of lime
- Sushi Market: Pink Lady Roll: Spicy tuna, avocado and shrimp tempura wrapped with soy paper, served with eel sauce and spicy mayo
- Rocket Pies: Mama's Pot Roast Pizza: Pulled beef roast, gravy, potato, glazed carrots, onion
- Love’s Ice Cream: Classic Hot Fudge Sundae: Waffle bowl, choice of ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, choice of nuts
For more info, visit: http://downtownmarketgr.com/classes-events/comfort-food-friday.
About the Grand Rapids Downtown Market
The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is the region’s new choice for fresh, delicious foods and amazing public market merchants. The Market is a $30 million, self-sustaining, LEED-certified, mixed-use facility that brings together production, distribution, marketing and education about local foods and growing. It incorporates entrepreneur and experimentation space for both emerging and experienced food artisans and merchants including a 24-vendor Market Hall, two full-service restaurants. More at www.downtownmarketgr.com.
# # #
MEDIA CONTACT: Erin Cataldo, firstname.lastname@example.org, (810) 423-0017