A Christmas shopping guide wouldn't be complete without including downtown, so we've saved the best for last. From clothing to home goods, from accessories to books, there's something in downtown Grand Rapids for everyone on your gift list:
- Amway Grand Hotel: Yes, it is a hotel, but don't miss all the shopping inside. The Plaza Essentials gift shop is much more than a typical hotel gift shop: yes, you can find Grand Rapids souvenirs, but you can also find fine gifts, toys, games and clothing. Over at the Plaza Men's shop find some of the top men's designers and a selection of fine and casual men's clothing. Women will love the selection at Boutique Emmanuel. Unique designer clothing and accessories for the most fashionable on your list. For a more affordable option check out Emmanuel Too.
photo courtesy of MLive
- MoDiv: Another place for one stop shopping, it is downtown's closest thing to a mall. Wolverine Company Store, Blue - A Goodwill Boutique, 6.25 Paper Studio, Chai Boutique and Off the Cuff, there is a little something for everyone. And while you are there don't forget to indulge a little at RitaGirls' Bakery. Consider it fuel for your Christmas shopping.
- Lee & Birch: Carrying some of the hottest designer brands in clothing, accessories and jewelry, Lee & Birch is the prefect store for any fashionista. You will find brands like Free People, Citizens of Humanity, French Connection and many more. Definitely worth checking out.
- Gina's Boutique and Lia Rose: If you want the latest trends in fashion but don't want to look like everyone else who shops at the chain stores, Gina's Boutique is the perfect destination. Looking for something that is fashionable, but more appropriate for women of any age? Lia Rose has what you want. Both stores specialize in affordable clothes and accessories and you are sure to find something you will love.
- Schuler Books: One of many locations for this local bookstore, it is one of the best in town and one of the largest independent bookstores in the nation. Featuring an extensive book collection as well as live music and a full coffee bar. So shop, drink and be entertained. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.