As if we didn't already have plenty of Grand Rapids Spring Break Staycation options, now we can add a day at Kidz Fest to our list.
This week the DeltaPlex is hosting an indoor amusement park that includes laser tag, inflatable rides, a rock climbing wall, and a 4-foot Ferris wheel! On Friday and Saturday, exotic animals will join the fun--they'll even have lion and tiger cubs. This event offers activities for kids of all ages and is designed as a family activity (no drop-offs).
When: Tuesday - Thursday noon - 8:00PM
Friday and Saturday 10:00AM - 8:00 PM
Where: DeltaPlex, 2500 Turner Avenue, GR (phone: 616-364-9000)
Price: $12 per person, all-day admission including rides
$5 per person, all day admission, without rides
Tickets are available at the DeltaPlex Box Office or from etix.com.
Kidz Fest isn't the only thing on kids minds this week. Lots of West Michigan kids are counting down to finding Easter baskets. And you can't fill baskets without an Easter Egg Hunt! Here are links to lots of free Easter Eggs Hunts around Grand Rapids:
- Greater Grand Rapids Easter Egg Hunt Guide by GRKids.com
- 2012 Easter Guide by grnow.com
- List of Upcoming Easter Egg Hunts by MLive.com
After you fill your baskets, you can fill your bellies (with more than candy) at one of these wonderful brunches:
- Centennial Country Club buffet (brunch open to public). $22.95 adults; $12.95 ages 10 and under.
- 25 Kitchen & Bar buffet. $22.00 adults; $8.00 kids 5-12; free ages 4 and under.
- Cygnus 27 at the Amway Grand Plaza. $39.95 adults; $16.95 kids 5-12; free ages 4 and under.
- six.one.six at the JWMarriott. $35.00 adults; $15 kids 4-12; free ages 3 and under.