A Beer City On Tap Walking Tour
- Dates: June 25, 2017
July 7, 2017
July 23, 2017
August 11, 2017
August 20, 2017
September 15, 2017
September 17, 2017
October 15, 2017
October 20, 2017
November 12, 2017
November 24, 2017
December 10, 2017
December 29, 2017
- Next Occurrence Jun 25, 2017
- Times: 3:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Host: Discovering Michigan
Venue: Discovering Michigan
- Phone: (616) 930-4180
- Category: Nightlife
- Price Per Person: $40
- Maximum Group Number: 12
- Minimum Group Number: 8
- Guided Tours: Yes
- Walking Tour: Yes
- Advance Purchase: Yes
- Length of Time: 4 hour(s)
Strolling and tasting some of the finest beer Grand Rapids has to offer!
Whether you’re a lone traveler eager to make new friends and uncover good beer or a group of friends interested in exploring new tastes and gaining useful insight, this tour is for you!
Your tour begins outside of the McKay Tower in beautiful downtown Grand Rapids.
- Revel in the sights of the city as we walk to three distinct and extraordinary breweries.
- You are offered three pour samples, selected by your knowledgeable and experienced Cicerone Certified Server tour guide.
- You are also offered a taste of the HopCat’s signature Crack Fries.
Your guide is a genuine expert and will not only take the stress out of your experience by selecting and ordering your drinks but will provide you with entertaining and educational insight.
- Your guide will discuss the unique process of beer production, a glance into the Grand Rapids beer industry and the differences between types of beers.
- Your guide will delve into the colors, tastes and smells of the beers and what they mean. You are then free to use this new found knowledge and discover a new favorite beer.
- 3 Brewery stops
- 3 Pour Samples per brewery of the best sellers at each brewery*
- Variety of tasting at each brewery
- Cicerone Certified Server Tour Guide
- Priceless beer knowledge
- Learn about the history of Grand Rapids in the beer industry
- Baskets of the HopCat's signature Crack Fries
- Small group touring
- Beautiful walking tour around the city
*Specialty beers must be purchased at guest's own cost
Meet outside of Biggby by the Arthur Vandenberg Statue at 146 Monroe Center St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Look for the guide wearing the Discovering Michigan T-shirt.
DAY AND DEPARTURE TIME:
Mondays 11:30 AM, 2:00 PM, 3:30 PM
Additional times available every fifth Friday and once a month on Sunday's.
Approximately 3:30 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:30 PM
Comfortable clothing and a good pair of walking shoes is advisable.
Make sure to check the weather report before the tour.
Cicerone Certified Server Tour Guide
All Breweries Tips and Taxes;
Tips and Gratuities for your guide;
Food, beer other than the tasting or beverages purchased on the tour.
This tour is offered on a “join-in” basis. Minimum group size is 8, maximum group size is 12