What You Will Learn
Menu: Peel-and-Eat Shrimp with Remoulade Dipping Sauce
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Smoky Red Beans and Rice
- Bananas Foster
Class Description: Join us for a culinary tour through the rich Creole and spicy Cajun flavors of New Orleans cuisine. Our instructor will introduce you to the authentic spices and ingredients that make New Orleans food so uniquely delicious. You'll enjoy working alongside other students learning to recreate everything from classic gumbo to smoky red beans and rice. We'll walk you through techniques for perfectly cooking shellfish and making remoulade sauce from scratch. Plus, we'll practice our flambé skills with the quintessential New Orleans dessert: bananas Foster.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are for students 18 and older and run for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class