- Dates: June 18, 2017
June 23, 2017
July 16, 2017
July 28, 2017
August 13, 2017
September 1, 2017
September 10, 2017
October 6, 2017
October 8, 2017
November 5, 2017
November 10, 2017
December 3, 2017
December 15, 2017
December 31, 2017
- Next Occurrence Jul 16, 2017
- Times: 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Host: Discovering Michigan
Venue: Discovering Michigan
Various Grand Rapids locations, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Phone: 616-930-4180
- Category: Beer Events
- Price Per Person: $79.99
- Maximum Group Number: 12
- Minimum Group Number: 8
- Guided Tours: Yes
- Driving Tour: Yes
- Advance Purchase: Yes
- Length of Time: 4 hour(s)
Welcome to Beer City USA, where breweries break ground faster than the news. Join us on an experience like no other as we discover and explore the newest breweries in Grand Rapids. On this tour, we encourage you to try something new in honor of the latest breweries to hit Grand Rapids. Whether you’re a lone traveler seeking new friends and good beer or a group of friends interested in exploring the breweries and gaining useful insight this tour is for you. Expand your palate by tasting the unique selection of beer at these remarkable recent additions found only in Grand Rapids.
We are dedicated to your safety and relaxation so you’re tour begins when we pick you up at a location chosen by you.
- Sit back and relax as we chauffeur you to three outstanding breweries, that are each unique in their own way.
- Explore new flavors as there are a wide variety of tastings available at each brewery.
- You are offered three exclusive samples chosen by you from tiers 1 and 2, to give you a unique and luxurious taste of specialty beers.
Your first stop is Creston Brewery, whose focus is small to create an ambiance that is appreciated by each customer.
- They have created a scale to help you choose and find a beer you love. Instead of focusing on the style their scale is rated for bitterness and hoppiness, color and maltiness and primary flavor and aroma.
- Offering a variety of flavors on tap, with unique names and detailed descriptions to ensure you make the right choice and find a new favorite.
- Passionate about what they do and dedicated to create an environment that feels welcoming and inviting.
Your next stop is Greyline Brewing Company, whose goal consists of one thing and that’s simplicity.
- Small but growing company, their brewery boasts only about 340 square feet and their taproom has 16 taps, and 75 seats.
- The team behind the company consists of two men and a dog, one man started brewing as a home brewer over 20 years ago, the other is a man of mystery, and Kona the dog is the boss.
- Offering a variety of craft beers on tap so you’re sure to find your favorite.
Your last stop is Elk brewing Comstock Park.
- Elk is a company based on love, Eric and Lisa Karns developed the company as newlyweds after Eric brewed the beer and wine for their wedding.
- The beer is brewed onsite, on a 3 barrel brewing system, to deliver the freshest product.
- A variety of craft beer, including 11 on tap that are sure to satisfy every palate.
To ensure your journey is enjoyable, your Cicerone Certified Server Tour Guide will entertain and educate you in the world of beer.
- Your guide is truly an expert and will not only make your evening easy by ordering and serving you your selected drinks but also will provide useful insight.
- Discuss the unique process of beer production, a glance into the Grand Rapids beer industry and the differences between types of beers.
- Delve into the colors, tastes and smells of the beers and what they mean. You are then free to use this new found knowledge and find a new favorite beer.
This unique and incredible experience is expecting you, so go ahead and explore the world of craft beer the right way and book you tour with us today!
- 3 Brewery stops
- 3 Samples per brewery of the best sellers at each brewery*
- Variety of tasting at each brewery
- Cicerone Certified Server Tour Guide
- Priceless beer knowledge
- Learn about the history of Grand Rapids in the beer industry
- Small group touring
* Specialty Beers must be purchase at the guest own cost
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATION:
Door to door customized service in the Grand Rapids area (Pickup and Drop off location of your choice must to be schedule at least 48 hours before the tour).
DAY AND DEPARTURE TIME:
Every Thursday at 1:30 PM
Additional times are available every 5 weeks on Friday's and once a month on Sunday's
Approximately 5:30 PM
Comfortable clothing and a good pair of walking shoes is advisable.
Make sure to check the weather report before the tour.
Cicerone Certified Server Tour Guide
All Breweries Tips and Taxes
Pickup and Drop off Location of your choice**
Tips and Gratuities for your guide;
Food, beer other than the tasting or beverages purchased on the tour.
This tour is offered on a “join-in” basis. Minimum group size is 7, maximum group size is 12. We leave registration open until 24 hours prior to the tour. If you are signed up for a tour and it does not reach this minimum by cut off time, we will rebook you on another tour or refund your money in full. We apologize in advance if this happens!
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING:
If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Travelers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
** Pickup and drop off location in Grand Rapids