COOKING WITH LOCAL CRAFT BEER - SPECIATION ARTISAN ALES
- Dates: August 25, 2019
August 31, 2019
- Next Occurrence Aug 25, 2019
- Times: This event also runs on Sunday, August 25 at 1:00 pm and Saturday, August 31 at 4:00 p.m.
Sur La Table
2500 Burton St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Phone: (616) 956-6880
- Category: Cooking Classes
- Price Per Person: $ 69.00
- Classes: Yes
What You Will Learn
Menu: Brisket Burger with Beer BBQ Sauce - Stout Battered Onion Rings with Beer Cheese Sauce - Beer Caramel Ice Cream
Class Description: Love local craft beer? Don’t just stop at sipping—cook with it too! We’ll introduce you to our favorite local brews and show you how to incorporate them into everything from stout-battered onion rings to BBQ sauce. And we haven’t forgotten dessert—think homemade ice cream made with beer caramel.
Class recipes are used with permission from Serious Eats. Find more recipes at Serious Eats!
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.