David Wiesner & The Art of Wordless Storytelling
- Dates: October 26, 2019 - January 12, 2020
- Next Occurrence Oct 26, 2019
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Times: See website for times.
Host: Grand Rapids Art Museum
Venue: Grand Rapids Art Museum
101 Monroe Center NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Phone: (616) 831-1000
- Category: Downtown
- Price Per Person: See website for details.
David Wiesner has enthralled readers for three decades, and his remarkable career is surveyed in this first-ever retrospective devoted to his art. The exhibition features 70 original watercolors from some of Wiesner’s most famous books, including three for which he won the prestigious Caldecott Medal: Tuesday (1992), The Three Pigs (2002), and Flotsam (2007). Also on view is work from Wiesner’s earliest artistic successes while still a student at the Rhode Island School of Design to his most recent book project—his first graphic novel, Fish Girl, published in 2017.
This exhibition has been organized by the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.