DNA Extraction Family Lab
- Dates: June 17, 2017
- Times: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Host: Grand Rapids Public Museum
Venue: Grand Rapids Public Museum
272 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Phone: (616) 929-1700
- Category: Children's Activities
- Price Per Person: $4 per child
- Classes: Yes
- Advance Purchase: Yes
- Length of Time: 2 hour(s)
All living things store their genetic identity in DNA and RNA. In this Curiosity Lab, kids will get hands on with DNA from fruit! Using a lab setting, breakers and pipets, kids will isolate DNA to visualize the cellular structure.
Cost $4 per participant
Curiosity Labs take place at 11 a.m. and at 1 p.m. Tickets are $4 per child (includes general admission to the Museum). Limited tickets available, recommended for ages 8 and older.
- 11 a.m.: Family Lab: Each lab participant will need to purchase a “lab seat.” Each lab seat is allowed 2 helpers (parents or guardians). This lab will be focused on family learning.