Family Day, Dollar Hot Dogs, and Congress of Motorcars
- Dates: June 26, 2021
- Times: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Gilmore Car Museum
6865 Hickory Rd., Hickory Corners, MI 49080
- Category: Children's Activities
- Price Per Person: • Adults / Seniors: $16 • Youth (ages 11-17): $11 • Children (10 and under): FREE • Active Military (must present ID): FREE • Consecutive two-day passes: $28 • Free parking
It’s time to inspire the next generation of car enthusiasts with an afternoon of family fun at Gilmore Car Museum’s Family Day and Congress
of Motorcars, both featuring historic vehicles produced in 1942 and earlier. From dollar hot dogs, to FREE RIDES in antique cars, to interactive exhibits and games, the event promises unforgettable experiences that will delight the entire family.
The event day will run from 9:00am – 4:00 pm ET on Saturday, June 26th, and includes opportunities for guests to:
• Dine on $1 Hot Dogs, a Family Day Special, at our 1941 roadside diner!
(limit two per guest; plain hot dogs with ketchup/mustard only; specialty dogs extra charge)
• Enjoy FREE rides for children and museum guests in antique cars
• See early gas, steam and electric autos driving around the historic campus
• Race slot cars on the Red Barns Raceway
• Build, customize, and race your own miniature car in our new interactive exhibit
• Drive children’s pedal cars
• Play vintage carnival games
• Win a prize by completing the Gilmore Car Museum scavenger hunt
• Tour the Ford Model T garage
• Experience the Gilmore 1- and 2-cylinder motor challenge
• Hear era-appropriate live music, and see car owners in period dress
• See the Pass In Review parade at 1:00pm
“Holding the Gilmore’s Family Day and Congress of Motorcars together on the same Saturday in
June helps us bring automotive history to life for children,” said Josh Russell, Executive Director
of the Gilmore Car Museum. “Families should consider joining us for this fun, educational, and
memorable day, as we celebrate the first 50 years of the automobile, and share the stories of
generations of automotive pioneers and enthusiasts.”
Owners of Classic 1942 & Earlier Vehicles Can Pre-Register and Show Their Cars for FREE!
It’s our way of thanking owners for sharing their historic vehicles with the community, to help
educate and inspire our next generation of car lovers.
Congress of Motorcars features vehicles produced in 1942 and earlier, just like museum founder
Donald Gilmore was known for collecting. Only original, stock-appearing vehicles are eligible to
participate. No modified or hot rod style vehicles, please. The show will include early gas, steam
and electric autos driving around the historic campus. Owners can Pre-Register their vehicles
online at GilmoreCarMuseum.org.