This Bootcamp Info Session is where you can learn the ins and outs of a Grand Circus coding bootcamp. Bootcamps are 12 or 24-week, immersive programs designed to prepare you for a career in one of the fastest growing industries in the U.S.
Grand Circus has partnered with the City of Grand Rapids to deliver our October Front-End After-Hours Bootcamp. This Info Session will discuss the details of this bootcamp. You'll also get a chance to hear from City employees as well as bootcamp alumni who will demo their final bootcamp project.
Additionally, we'll talk about the Grand Circus training model, what we look for in candidates, job assistance and career opportunities specific to this bootcamp, a day in the life of a student and more! You'll be armed with knowledge about future bootcamps in Grand Rapids.
Light refreshments & tour of space
Welcome & intros
- What is a .NET Bootcamp? What is a Front-End Bootcamp?
- Day-to-day as a bootcamp student
- How our job assistance support has helped bootcamp alumni land jobs at more than 140 companies throughout the state
- How to prepare for a bootcamp
- Application and interview process
- Financing and scholarships
Overview of partnership with the City of Grand Rapids
- City-led sessions on topics like coding for the customer exerience and data quality
- Open sourced data available for projects
- Employer panel
Student Project Demos
- Learn the types of projects you can build