Grand Rapids City Tour
- Dates: May 5, 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Next Occurrence Sep 21, 2020
- Recurring daily
- Times: 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Host: Discovering Michigan
Venue: Tours Around Michigan
- Phone: 616-970-4825
- Category: Health and Fitness
- Price Per Person: $25/person
- Maximum Group Number: 20
- Minimum Group Number: 2
- Guided Tours: Yes
- Walking Tour: Yes
- Advance Purchase: Yes
- Length of Time: 2 hour(s)
Amble the Streets and Uncover the Deets
*Grand Rapids was hardly more than a fur trading post when two rivals made it a much more difficult city for everyone to live in. We'll stand on their battle line!
*What had farmers driving wagons 100-miles here for the rare product that built Grand Rapids before it was furniture city?
*What did one guy trade for the removal of the massive river stones that used to make the rapids?
*Which Grand Rapids business leader bossed around state governors and was suspected of paying for the murder of a state senator? (No, he was never convicted... but if you see his ghost, you can ask him.)
*Grand Rapids' own President Ford is thanked today for one brave decision, but it's also the same one that lost him the election.
Join this unbelievable walking tour that takes you on a journey around our majestic city. No matter if you’re a local or new to the area, this tour is fun and informative!
This one of a kind walking tour takes about two hours so be sure to bring your sneakers, sunscreen and water.
- Your Certified Tourism Ambassador Tour Guide will march you around the city, providing you with fun and informative commentary along the way.
- Several stops will be made so your guide can share detailed stories and facts that will leave you floored.
- We want you to get the most out of your experience so we encourage you to participate and ask questions.
- You will also have the opportunity to create memories by capturing photos as we amble through the city.
It’s all here waiting for you in the picturesque city of Grand Rapids. Experience the city up close and personal with us and uncover all the secrets Grand Rapids has to offer.
This tour is offered on a “join-in” basis. Minimum group size is 2, maximum group size is 20.
Outside McKay Tower at Arthur VandenBerg Statue in front of Biggby Coffee
146 Monroe Center St NW, MI 49503
Look for the guide wearing the Tours Around Michigan logo in yellow or orange