What You Will Learn
Menu: Baked Eggs in Tomato-Pepper Sauce with Labneh - Chermoula Eggplant with Bulgur and Yogurt - Pureed Beets with Date Syrup and Crumbled Goat Cheese
Class Description: Explore the flavors of Israel and expand your vegetarian repertoire. Get hands-on practice cooking grains, roasting vegetables, making savory purees and more. Plus, you’ll learn techniques for baking eggs in spicy tomato sauce to create shakshuka, a comfort dish with universal appeal.
Class recipes used with permission from Jerusalem copyright © 2012 by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi.
Photography copyright © 2012 by Jonathan Lovekin.
Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class