What You Will Learn
Menu: A light snack will be served.
Class Description: Having a healthy fear of knives is natural. But learning a few basic skills and fundamental cuts can infinitely boost your confidence in the kitchen. In this hands-on class, you'll hone basic knife skills and practice the fundamental cuts—mince, dice, brunoise, bâtonnet and julienne. Plus, our instructor will teach you a few advanced techniques and offer tips for keeping all your knives maintained and sharp. You'll use these knife skills every time you cook, so if you only take one cooking class, this should be it!
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class