What You Will Learn
Menu: Figs with Bacon and Chile - Easy Roast Turkey with No-Roux Gravy - Blistered Green Beans with Tomato-Almond Pesto - Duchess Baked Potatoes - Pumpkin-Caramel Tart with Toasted Hazelnut Crust
Class Description: We're proud to partner withBon Appétit—the definitive authority on what's current in the world of food, drink and entertaining—to teach you how to make classic Thanksgiving recipes with a twist and keep your meal exciting year after year. You’ll work alongside classmates to make tested and approved recipes from Bon Appétit, with foolproof tips and timesaving techniques to help you cook with confidence.
First, you’ll learn how to caramelize (without burning, steaming, or sautéing) to make a sweet-and-salty one-bite snack. Then, you’ll roast a hassle-free bird that’s full of flavor, thanks to a super-easy dry brining method and no-roux gravy.
Next, you’ll practice blistering green beans for the perfect seared, crunchy texture, and discover how to get perfectly smooth, make-ahead (yes, seriously) mashed potatoes. Finally, you’ll whip up a tart with a press-in crust and short bake time that’s guaranteed to cure pumpkin-pie fatigue.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are for students 18 and older and run for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class