Pan Seared Steak with Shallot and Herb Compound Butter; Summer Ratatouille; Caramelized Onion Tart; Cream Puffs with Chantilly Cream and Chocolate Glaze
French cooks make everything better with butter—even steak! Join us and learn how to take pan-seared steak to the next level with shallot and herb compound butter. Plus, practice caramelizing onions, simmering a summer vegetable stew (ratatouille) and mixing choux pastry for light and airy cream puffs.
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors. Must be 14 or older
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.