It's summer and French macarons are the star of the show for any special occasion or gift. Learn the proper techniques for whipping, folding, measuring and piping to perfection. Pistachio Macarons with Dark Chocolate Ganache and also Blueberry Buttercream.
Class Description: Skip the trips to the bakery and learn to make macarons yourself. Practice whipping meringue and mixing batter to deliver crisp shells made with pistachios in place of almonds. Then we’ll sandwich everybody’s favorite French cookies with blackberry buttercream and a silky chocolate ganache.
Please Note: This is a three-hour class.
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.