What You Will Learn
Menu: Shredded Pork with Guajillo-Pineapple Sauce - Pinto Bean and Green Chile Tamales
Class Description: In Mexico the holidays are greeted with a tradition we think your family and friends would love to follow. Everyone, young and old alike, gathers in the kitchen to enjoy each other's company and to assemble a mountain of tamales. In this class we'll show you everything you need to make these festive treats part of your own holiday repertoire, from making fresh masa (dough) and classic fillings to wrapping techniques and tasty sauces.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are for students 18 and older and run for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class