In its early stages, one of the primary goals of the Festival was to raise awareness about the many different countries and cultures that make up Asia—and to make our city a place where Asian people can feel belonging and celebrate their food, traditions, dress, music, dance, and lives with their neighbors.
Now, with those initial goals met, the Grand Rapids Asian-Pacific Festival team has expanded its aspirations to becoming a resource for learning, a force for good, and a platform to rally ALL people to do amazing things in the community.
The team encourages everyone, no matter their ethnicity, to focus on enrichment, inclusion, unity, respect, and, above all, kindness in every action.
Mitigation and Control Plans:
- We are allowing only a max of 100 attendees at the event (including event staff, volunteers, and vendors)
- Masks will be strictly enforced and required to enter the venue. All of our staff members and volunteers will be wearing masks.
- We will implement a one-way movement lane when entering and exiting the venue
- Tapes will be used to mark and maintain a 6 feet distance between attendees.
- Multiple sanitation stations will be available in the venue
- Security and staff members will make sure every attendees is adhering to social distancing guidelines.