The Wag 'n' Wade dog swim is back for its second year!
We're closing the 2018 pool season with another pawsome event at Richmond Pool. The event is free and open to all community members but pre-registration is required.
We're splitting the event into three 45 minute sessions this year. Each session has room for 175 dogs.
Session 1: Small Dogs
• 1:00 - 1:45 pm
• Meant for dogs under 35 pounds
Session 2: Large Dogs
• 2:00 - 2:45 pm
• Meant for dogs over 35 pounds
Session 3: Older Dogs
• 3:00 - 3:45 pm
• Meant for dogs ages 8+
Event day reminders
• Dog waste bags
• Drinking water for dogs
• LOTS of tennis balls
What you'll need to bring:
• Proof of rabies vaccination (if you didn't upload them when registering)
• Leash for taking your dog in and out of the pool area
• A towel (optional)
• You may enter the water up to your knees
• Your dog(s) must be on a leash when entering and leaving the pool
• You must remain with your dog at all times
• Your dog must always be wearing a collar
• Please leave all personal toys and treats at home
• You are responsible to clean up after your dog
• If your dog(s) is acting aggressively, you will need to remove yourself and your dog(s) from the pool area
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation at (616) 456-3696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.