On Tuesday, March 23, at 4:00 pm Wedgwood Christian Services is hosting the third annual State of the Child, a panel conversation about the toughest challenges facing children and families today.
Wedgwood’s State of the Child Panel Conversation brings together leaders and experts, and local teens, to talk about the challenges that kids, and families are facing amidst the ongoing pandemic, and offer insight into how to best provide support.
The panel of experts for Wedgwood’s State of the Child collectively provides a comprehensive, holistic, look into what kids and families are facing, how they are dealing, the impact on the larger community, and what people can do to help. The panel includes:
• Dr. Heidi Cate | Superintendent of Integrity Educational Services
• Nicole Hansen | YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids’ District Executive Director of Community Engagement & Youth Development
• Eric Payne | Grand Rapids Chief of Police
• Chris Rivera | Director of Wedgwood’s Substance Use Treatment Services
• Dr. Joel Sanchez | Wedgwood Christian Services’ Psychiatrist
Since this event focuses on challenges kids are facing, it is important to give voice to their perspective on the world around them. Wedgwood’s State of the Child brings together local teens to share their thoughts on topics such as mental health, education, social media, and substance use and how they are dealing with things throughout the pandemic.
Wedgwood’s State of the Child Panel Conversation will be available for free on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 4:00 pm, online.
For more information, registration, and sponsorship opportunities visit www.wedgwood.org/sotc