Classified as a Specialty & Community Park.
The park’s original land was purchased from and named for Charles S. Briggs. The largest single feature at Briggs was the 1926 state-of-the-art swimming pool with bath house, shower and restrooms. At one time, the pool was divided by a picket fence to separate the boys and girls. In 1932, a 4.4 acre portion of the park was sold to Creston High School, and is currently used for track and field.