- Picnic Area:
- Open Shelter:
- Park Type: City
In 1922, the Roosevelt Business Men’s Association petitioned the City Commission to create a park here, suggesting the site. A $13,380 fund was established to purchase land from the Alabastine Company in 1923. By 1933, the merchants’ group demanded improvements, and an investigation was launched into how Scrip Labor could be used to beautify the park. In the 1940′s, plans for a community house were drawn up, and by 1943, Scrip Labor workers had erected the building.
The park now provides access to Plaster Creek, has a Fitness Center & playground, a splash pad, bench seating, and access improvements, and a mural and a rain garden.