All nominees will be judged by the criteria below. Winners will be announced in the fall and will be recognized at the WAVE Awards.
- Attitude: Is the nominee friendly, courteous and respectful to guests? Does the nominee represent the business well and create a positive first impression?
- Attentiveness: Does the nominee make each guest feel like a priority by actively listening and anticipating guest needs?
- Performance: To what extent does the nominee address guest concerns with a sense of urgency and provide a timely solution? Is the nominee effective at exceeding customer expectations and producing repeat business?
- Knowledge: To what extent is the nominee knowledgeable of Grand Rapids, Kent County, current events and other local businesses? Does the nominee answer questions correctly or find answers quickly?
- Consistency: Does the nominee exhibit the above characteristics for every guest encounter? Is the business frequently receiving positive feedback about the nominee from guests?
- Hospitality service providers who have worked for a minimum of one year in a customer service position are eligible to be nominated. Nominees must spend the majority of their time on the job interacting with visitors to Kent County.
- At least one year of hospitality service must have been worked in Kent County.
- Nominees may not own the business from which they are nominated.
- Nominees may not hold a management role (this recognition is for front line employees who go above and beyond as a hospitality service provider).