Join Our Team
Experience Grand Rapids is growing - just like the city we're promoting. As the organization charged with marketing Grand Rapids to meeting planners and visitors, we're looking for people who share our enthusiasm and excitement for this major-cool metropolis. We offer great working conditions, excellent salary and benefits, and the unequaled perk of living in a city that does more to support creativity than just about any city, anywhere. (Don't take our word for it - check out why Lonely Planet named Grand Rapids and the Lake Michigan Gold Coast the #1 place to visit in 2014!).
Convention Services Manager
Experience Grand Rapids is the destination marketing organization for the area. Their mission is to lead the marketing of Grand Rapids/Kent County as a premier convention and visitor destination providing a significant positive impact to the West Michigan economy. We are currently seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Convention Services Manager to help accomplish that mission:
- As part of the sales team, help to achieve repeat convention business and secure new group bookings in the Michigan market.
- Participates in industry trade organizations and represents Experience Grand Rapids at industry events.
- Work with meeting planners through verbal and written communication to organize and promote events.
- Attend and organize pre and post-event meetings with meeting planners and vendors.
- Attend tradeshows to promote conventions well in advance.
- Maintain a well-informed working knowledge of all hotels, attractions and services, both public and private, available in the area.
- Serve as an EXGR representative at community events and meetings for conventions; deliver public presentations focused on visitor services/attractions, when requested.
- Monitor services website; work with Convention Services Director and the marketing team to make updates when needed
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or hospitality preferred, with at least 3 years of experience in the hospitality industry.
- Additional certifications (CMP) preferred.
- Able to discover new leads, develop new business and secure repeat business.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign.
- Able to plan and prioritize own work and work under minimal supervision.
- Effective analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Willing and able to work weekend and evenings and be accessible to clients while off duty. Some overnight travel is required.
- Well organized with excellent time management skills.
- Possess knowledge of social marketing including components of Facebook and Twitter.
What we have to offer:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance,401-K, and paid time off is part of the package for full time employees.In addition, as the destination marketing organization for Grand Rapids and West Michigan, you’ll get a front row seat to all the great things happening in our city.
If you are interested in becoming part of this exciting organization, please apply online by December 20, 2017.
Experience Grand Rapids is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Partner Information
- Board Information
- EXGR Recognitions
- EXGR News Releases
- Visitor's Guide Media Kit
- Join Our Team
- Grand Rapids LipDub
- Bring It To GR
- WAVE Award
- GR Links
- Certified Tourism Ambassadors
- Community Events Calendar
- Grand Rapids Store