Grand Rapids is more than just a great place to visit - it's a great place to live and work, too. While Michigan and other Midwest states have seen their share of challenges, Grand Rapids remains an economic bright spot.
Visit the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce to learn more about our unique business climate, which includes strong entrepreneurial activity, supportive employers and a booming medical & life sciences industry.
Select Business Highlights:
- Ranked 13th in the world in the World Knowledge Competitive Index, an overall benchmark of the knowledge capacity, capability, and sustainability of a region compared to global regions.
- Selected by Entrepreneur magazine and the National Policy Research Council as one of the top metro areas to start and grow a business.
- Ranked #8 in a 2006 Site Selection survey of Top Metro Areas by Number of Building Projects (cities with population of 200,000 to 1 million).
- A leader in eco-friendly business, with more LEED-certified "green" buildings per capita than any other region in the country.
- Home to 87 international companies; 70 of these companies are headquartered in Europe.