What's old is new again, at least in the world of gifts and home decor. Antique shops, up-cycled outlets and vintage storefronts dot the Grand Rapids area, making this town a treasure-seekers delight. Whether you're looking for something in the style of Fixer Upper or are ready to dig deep through room upon room of antiques, Grand Rapids has something to offer. And if you're in the market for a gift or two, you won't be disappointed.
FAVORITE LOCAL ANTIQUE, VINTAGE, AND UP-CYCLED SHOPS
A staple in the antique community for years, Eastown antiques is known for its wide variety of antiques and upcycled, painted furniture. You can get that distressed look custom applied to your piece, too, with their in-house painting services. The store features over 45 different dealers spread over 2 floors, creating a truly eclectic collection of unique finds.
- 1515 Lake Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI | (616) 776-1076
- HOURS: M-F 9am-6pm; Sa 9am-5pm; Su 10am-4pm
Refurbished, restored and new items offered by multiple vendors in this SE Grand Rapids location. Find jewelry, furniture, home furnishings and more when you explore at Vintage Plus More.
- 2455 29th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI | (616) 528-2998
- HOURS: M-F 10am-6pm; Sa 10am-4pm
Mid-century modern sofas, desks, kitchenware and pottery are scattered throughout this industrial loft-type building that will make you want to lounge forever. With two floors and multiple rooms filled with themed, curated merchandise, you'll be inspired to find places for many new-to-you items in your home.
- 445 Century Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 | (616) 732-3401
- HOURS: M-Sa 10am-6pm; Su 12pm-5pm
Blue Door Antiques and Elements
This is not your typical antiques shop. The owners have taken great care to curate the European chandeliers, sconces and school lights in their lighting collection. Sections of the store are devoted to colorful fixtures and re-purposed furniture. Wall hangings and vintage finds from Blue Door will be sure to make their way home with you.
- 946 Fulton St E, Grand Rapids, MI | (616) 456-7888
- HOURS: M-F 10am-6pm; Sa 10am-5pm; Su 11am-4pm
Time is on your side at Warehouse One. I could not believe how many rooms are in this place when I first visited. 25,000 square feet filled with the wares of 100 antique dealers means serious antiquing business. Every category of antique can be found here, often in multiple iterations.
- 49 Century Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI | Call (616) 235-9292
- HOURS: M-Sa 10am-6pm; Su 12pm-5pm
Vintage clothes, toys, dishes and furniture are staples at this classic antiques shop located next to Lost & Found.
- 445 Century Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI | (616) 233-4000
- HOURS: T-Sa 10am-6pm; Su 12pm-5pm
Razzle dazzle your friends with eye-catching vintage pieces from City Antiques Resale Boutique. The shop is organized into themed sections, making it easy for you to find what you're looking for. Top it all off with their vintage photography and you have a gem of a store.
- 954 Fulton St E, Grand Rapids, MI | (616) 776-5500
- HOURS: M-F 10am-5:30pm; Sa 9am-5:30pm; Su 11am-4pm
Be still my heart, it's like Joanna Gaines has opened a store right here in Michigan.
I just cannot get over how much I love the new Alger Heights store, Re-inspired Treasures. Mixing handmade, local fare with vintage home decor, this store has found the perfect mix of farmhouse in the city. If you love re-purposed, up-cycled and vintage items, put this shop at the top of your list.
- 2417 Eastern Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan | (616) 915-2299
- HOURS: Tu-F 10am-6pm; Sa 10am-5pm; Su 11am-3pm