Grand Rapids was just named #2 Best Food/Beverage Destination Experience by the World Food Travel Association's FoodTrekking Awards!…Learn More ›
Food in Grand Rapids
Long before "farm to fork" became a national catchphrase, Grand Rapids restaurants were sourcing fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy products from area farmers. The ready availability of quality food is one reason we've always had a much larger community of locally owned restaurants than other cities our size.
Our proximity to Lake Michigan provides ideal growing conditions for a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. (Michigan produces a broader variety of produce than any state except California.) Hundreds of family farmers work the land and provide restaurants (and residents) with an abundant supply of just-picked awesomeness.
Today, our local dining scene is more vibrant than ever, making Grand Rapids a true foodie destination.
Food Lovers Hotel Packages!
Location: JW Marriott Grand Rapids
Price: Starting at $349
- Winter Activities & Events
- Tours & Experiences
- Beer City, USA
- Family Fun
- Outdoor Recreation
- Live Music
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Food Events & Activities
- Drinks, Breweries & Coffee
- Historic Sites
- Pro Sports
Tempt Your Taste Buds!
Take a walk (or drive) on the foodie side – our Food Trail features 50+...
This a great city for people who love to cook. Or would love to learn to...
Grand Rapids is home to one of the nation's most respected culinary...
Artisan food vendors, local food options and more at this state-of-the-art...
Dozens of additional farm markets throughout the area help keep restaurant...
40+ amazing craft breweries on the Beer City Ale Trail.
In the mood for a great cup of coffee?
Don't Miss Foodie Events
Grand Rapids hosts a number of delectable food festivals each year, including:
- Beer Month GR (Mid-February - Mid-March), a month long restaurant event pairing luscious foods with craft beers (and ciders)
- Festival of the Arts (June), a three-day street party that includes a heaping helping of edible masterpieces for every taste
- Taste of Grand Rapids (July), a celebration of fantastic food and live music
- Restaurant Week GR (August), a 10-day showcase of local restaurants (and incredible dining deals)
- International Wine, Beer & Food Festival (November), Michigan's premier fine-food tasting and shopping event
- Cocktail Week GR (November), celebrate the art of the craft cocktail paired with a shared plate through this new 12 day event
Location: Samaritas Senior Living Grand Rapids
More about Food in Grand Rapids
Chef Angus Eats : Video Series
Follow Chef Angus Campbell, a professor at the Grand Rapids Community College Secchia Institute for Culinary Education as he eats his way through Grand Rapids. Stopping for breakfast, pub food, globally inspired dishes, upscale dining, and a day at the market, Chef Angus will show you just a few of the amazing eateries Grand Rapids has to offer.